EASY INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Warning: Please check your state and local laws before installing this Motorcycle Lighting Kit. Every state has different policies and procedures in place regarding aftermarket LED lighting accessories. MOONSHINE LED’S is not responsible for any fines that you may receive while using this lighting kit. This kit is for off road use only.
Warning: The installation of this kit is recommended to be installed by a licensed professional. The improper installation of this kit will void all warranties.
The control box that is used to power the motorcycle lighting strips must be installed in a dry location, it is water resistant but not water proof! Having this part exposed to water or the elements may cause the kit’s controller to fail. Any water damage or corrosion to this part will VOID all warranties.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE INSTALLING AND OPERATING THIS LED MOTORCYCLE LED KIT.
MOONSHINE LED’s LED Light Kits Includes:
- 12 way splitter
- 2 way splitter (as needed )
- (1) 15 function control box
- (1) remote
- Each strip has connectors attached with heat resistant wire
- A fuse holder with (1) 5 amp fuses
- 3M VHB 2 way tape on back of each LED strip
- silicone sealant applicator
- Plastic wire zip ties
- 3M 94 Primer pens
- alcohol pads
- Easy to install instructions
Upon receiving your new motorcycle lighting kit, we ask that you first test the kit to ensure it is functioning properly. Connect all of the strips into the wiring splitter and then into the control box and then connect the red power wire to the positive terminal of the battery and the black ground wire to the negative terminal of the battery. Once the wires are temporarily secured, power the kit to ensure full functionality before installing it. If everything appears to be working correctly, turn the kit off and disconnect the power and ground wires from the battery to prepare for installation.
- Begin by first laying out the lighting strips to create a mock-up of the final installation. Make sure that the wires will be able to be routed in such a way that they will not be damaged by moving or hot components. Keep the wires and strips away from all moving parts that may come in contact with any part of the kit. IF ANY OF THE WIRING IS DAMAGED, IT WILL CAUSE THE KIT TO MALFUNCTION AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY DUE TO PHYSICAL DAMAGE.
- Temporarily place the lights strips in their intended mounting locations and route the power wires to the planned control box area. Use the supplied zip ties to secure the power wires to their mounting points. Be sure to keep the power wires away from the suspension, any direct heat sources and/or moving parts. A few recommended locations on your motorcycle to mount the light strips are under the gas tank, lower frame rail, rear fender frame rail, triple trees, lower swing arm, and under the seat. This will vary based on your specific motorcycle and your personal preferences of where you would like the lighting strips to be mounted at.
- Once the lighting strips and wires have been mocked up, clean the proposed mounting surfaces with an alcohol prep pad and 3M 94 adhesive promoter . The mounting surface should be between 45 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit to achieve the strongest bonding results from the 3M 2way tape. Note: The surface area must be free of all oils, moisture, dirt, and wax in order for the supplied adhesive tape to bond and adhere to the installation surface correctly.
- Mount each lighting strip to the cleaned and dry surface of the motorcycle by using the supplied 3M 2way tape. Secure the wiring to the bike frame by using the included zip ties. Be sure to use the zip ties, this is a very important step and should not be skipped. Once this step is complete and the lighting strips and wires are secure, allow ample time for the adhesive to settle and cure. Repeat this step for the remaining strips included with your kit.
- Apply the provided silicone sealant to the ends of all connectors to prevent any and all moisture from entering the connectors
- Find a secure and dry place to mount the control box. We recommend mounting it under the seat or in a water tight compartment if possible. The control box is not designed to withstand any water damage and if any does occur, it will void all warranties. You may seal the end caps of the control box with silicone to help prevent water damage.
- Connect the red power wire from the control box to the positive terminal of the battery. Be sure to reinstall the fuse within 6 inches of the battery. Connect the black ground wire to any metal surface on the frame or to the negative terminal of the battery. The white wire is the antenna wire for the wireless remote. This wire will not connect to anything on the motorcycle. Be sure that this white wire is extended out to maximize reception for the wireless remote.
- If you removed any trim pieces of parts from your motorcycle for this installation, you can now reinstall them and test the functionality of your kit by pressing the on/off button on the wireless remote.
WIRELESS REMOTE FUNCTIONS:
This kit provides multiple lighting patterns and several brightness levels, which are easily operated using the included wireless remote. The remote includes four buttons, “A, B, C, D”
Button A: Cycles through 15 solid colors as well as a color cycle and a color fade pattern. Hold for 5 seconds to select brightness level when on a solid color.
Button B: Activates strobing pattern when a single color is selected.
Hold to increase pattern speed when on color cycle/color fade pattern.
Button C: Activates fading pattern when a single color is selected.
Hold to decrease pattern speed when on color cycle/color fade pattern.
Button D: Power On/Off
IF THE KIT OR LIGHTS DO NOT APPEAR TO OPERATE, FIRST CHECK THE INSTALLED INLINE MINI FUSE. IF THE FUSE IS BLOWN, CHECK THE WIRES ON THE ENTIRE KIT TO ENSURE THEY ARE NOT DAMAGED IN ANY WAY. IF THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO ANY OF THE WIRES AND NO WATER DAMAGE IS VISIBLE TO THE CONTROL BOX, REPLACE THE FUSE AND TEST THE KIT AGAIN. IF THE INLINE FUSE IS INTACT, CLEAN BOTH THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE TERMINALS OF THE BATTERY. CORROSION TO THE BATTERY TERMINALS CAN CAUSE A POOR CONNECTION OR SIMULATE BEING DISCONNECTED.FOR ACCESSORIES, ADD-ON KITS, REPLACEMENT PARTS, AND/OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT, PLEASE VISIT WWW.MOONSHINELEDS.COM